Monday, June 25, 2007

Temple hours

Got up at 5:30 in the morning. I haven't been able to adjust my biological clock to the LA long-day and short-night timezone yet. First thing coming to my mind was going to a Buddhist temple. Maybe minutes of meditation can help. At 9 AM, Little Tokyo appeared to be deep in a sound sleep. So fresh, so tranquil. I found the Higashi Hongwanji Buddhist Temple on the East 3rd Street, but unfortunately it was not open. The notice read: Monday - Saturday: 9:30 AM. Sunday 10AM. New thing to learn: Temples might not open 24 hours. So visitors and worshipers should check in advance. Sad that I couldn't get in, but I will come back.


2 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Anthony Leong said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At June 27, 2007 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Anthony Leong said...

i saw a couple of temples around the area. they are smaller in scale. did you explore them?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home